Sensor Based IOT system to track water related parameters
Track every drop of water
WaterRX is an intelligent system that procures data from the field, relays it to our servers, accessible through browsers. Our A.I based algorithm then uses the data to suggest relevant actions or perform appropriate action.
Water quality is defined in terms of the chemical, physical, and biological content of water. The water quality of rivers and lakes changes with the seasons and geographic areas, even when there is no pollution present. There is no single measure that constitutes good water quality. For instance, water suitable for drinking can be used for irrigation, but water used for irrigation may not meet drinking water guidelines. Water quality guidelines provide basic scientific information about water quality parameters and ecologically relevant toxicological threshold values to protect specific water uses.
Monitoring provides the objective evidence necessary to make sound decisions on managing water quality today and in the future. Water-quality monitoring is used to alert us to current, ongoing, and emerging problems; to determine compliance with drinking/supply water standards, and to protect other beneficial uses of water. Assessments based on monitoring data help law makers and water managers measure effective ness of water policies, determine if water quality is getting better or worse, and formulate new policies to better protect human health and the environment.
WaterRX for Water System consist of
- Water Quality Sensors
- Base Station
- Wireless Network
- Data processing and publishing server
- Alert System
As per Department requirement of water quality criteria, parameters are decided to measure. Usually for any parameter, general site requirement will be
- Feasibility to install sensors,
- Power supply (Uninterrupted) for sensors and system,
- Mobile connectivity with fair internet speed,
- Infrastructure to secure sensors and systems from moisture, theft.
- After identifying measuring parameters, and water quality to be measure, sensors are selected,
- Usually sensors are online and extra piping has to be prepared as per sensor requirement,
- For local system integration, sensors are connected with local dashboard through cables.
How WaterRX works
A Process Flow
What WaterRX offers
WaterRx Introduction and its Purpose
- WaterRx vision is to create a positive impact through innovative advanced water quality monitoring system.
- Real–Time Water Quality Monitoring and Control System are operated based on the sensor measurements. The sensors include but not limited to pH, Turbidity, Chlorine and TDS to measure the quality of water. WaterRx depicts the purity level of water which is either guaranteed for drinking/supply or not. The sensors used in this system are connected with microcontroller and the values are displayed in display unit. Further these sensor values from the microcontroller are transmitted wirelessly using internet. Final result is studied using portal in a personal computer.
- One stop solution to monitor water quality & discharge parameters on single screen. The unit is designed to sense intelligently and control the water infrastructure locally as well as remotely. Real–Time Water Quality Monitoring and Control System developed for solving the critical health problems raised due to water.
- With Additional requirement, system can also monitor electricity availability and pump running schedule.
Why consider WaterRX
Using WaterRX not only provides you ease in monitoring and execution but also provides savings in terms of time and money. Along with these benefits comes the conservation of water, priceless in the time to come.
Timeline for Development of First WaterRx
|Scope of Work||Timelines|
|Site Survey||5 days|
|Preparation of the site||Responsibility of Department|
|Handing over of the site to WaterQuest|
|Material Procurement||45-60 days|
|Sensors Installation||5 – 10 days depending upon the site situation|
|Testing and commissioning||10 days|
|Handover of the First WaterRx Unit|
Preparation required for Subsequent systems
- All of the above processes would be replicated for the development of the other units. WaterQuest team would propose to parallel conduct site preparation activities for the subsequent units intending to optimize on the resources.
- WaterQuest team will work to reduce the procurement and testing time once our operations are streamlined for multiple contracts so that WaterRx installation is completed in less than 90 days time for all 100 locations.
The commercial offer for the development of 100 WaterRx system is as proposed above in the proposal and is valid for 60 days from issuance.
Current Alternatives RTM
To monitor system upon complains
Periodic system monitor
Sensor installed local water monitoring
Piped water supply to rural households would get a budget of Rs 11,500 crore in the year 2020-21. This allocation will be part of the Rs 3.6 lakh crore missions, which aims to achieve its goal by the year 2024.
India has an estimated 14 crore households that do not currently have water supply. The budget for Jal Jeevan mission budget will focus on augmenting local water resources, desalination, water harvesting, and renewing older water sources in rural areas. Monitoring provides the objective evidence necessary to make sound decisions on managing water quality today and in the future. Water-quality monitoring is used to alert us to current, on-going, and emerging problems; to determine compliance with drinking/supply water standards, and to protect other beneficial uses of water. Assessments based on monitoring data help law makers and water managers measure effective ness of water policies, determine if water quality is getting better or worse, and formulate new policies to better protect human health and the environment.